We left early Friday morning and took the ferry from Newport Beach. I guess I wasn't thinking very clearly because I didn't take any dramamine not realizing that in order to get an island you must cross an ocean. The second we left the bay it was over. I quickly took dramamine and a whole bunch of ginger chews and spent the whole hour and 15 mins in misery! It was awful. Poor Jeff even had sympathy nausea for me. Once we got to dry land it was beautiful and after a short nap (dramamine knocked me out!) we started our vacation.
We spent the weekend exploring the island, eating delicious food and enjoying a few days away from reality. Saturday we did a 8 mile hike to the top of a mountain where we could see both sides of the island. It was gorgeous! We had lunch at the top where we could take in the scenery.
Sunday Jeff insisted we had to play a round of miniature golf! He takes it very seriously while I just well...smack the ball as hard as I can!
Catalina was great! I can't wait to go back...maybe take a few friends or family with us!! Who wants to join?!
So pretty!
I have a pretty hot husband!
Memorial / Botantical Garden
Views from our hike!
Views on the other side of the island
On top of the mountain!
"But when I climb up to my island peak,
Escape awhile the madding world of strife,
I envy not a earthly thing, this life,
Which sometimes calls, is sweet clean of its cares
By friendly winds, and once again I smile,
At, truly, life seems sweet - a thing worthwhile"
A little miniature golf
Lunch views
Thank you Catalina!
The view leaving Catalina :)


4 comments:
We want to go with you. Next Cali trip?
What a fun weekend get-a-way! After busy season, you deserve it!
Ah that looks heavenly. Glad you guys got to escape for a weekend!
Niki that would be so fun!!
Post a Comment