Friday, July 19, 2013

We're halfway?!?!

Let me start off by saying, wow I cannot believe I have not blogged about my pregnancy at all. I really thought I would be one of those woman who would take a picture and blog every single week.  Little did I realize, the more I grow, the less inclined I am to take a photo. Which means, the less I wanted to talk about it. So here we go, I would like to look back at laugh at myself in a few years so I must start somewhere!!

Week 20: Halfway! And yesterday, the MOST wonderful day happened, we found out we are having a little girl. A GIRL! I can't believe it.  I secretly thought it was a girl.  I fell in love with the name Mabel and although I never pictured myself with a girl, I pictured myself with my little Mabel.  Mabel means adorable.  When I was younger, I loved the show Mad About You. To this day, I will sit and watch episodes, I just love it.  They had a little girl on the show and they named her Mabel after Helen Hunt's characters very controlling mom stated, "Mothers Always Bring Extra Love."

I love the name Mabel.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant, I hoped to be able to one day have a Mabel and yesterday we were able to see our beautiful little girl. 

So now, I know absolutely nothing about having a little girl, other than the fact that I am a girl.  I laugh because I know my daughter will be the girl whose mom just can't do her hair cute so she is forced to go to school with her hair in a ponytail everyday. 

I'll show you the only ultrasound picture we have of her from yesterday. It's of her cute little bum and legs.  We have the full anatomy scan next week and I can't wait to have more pictures, but for now I want to frame this shot, because I know she has the cutest bum in the world. (I realize I have already become THAT mom)

I told you the cutest bum in town!

Ok so recap on weeks 4 - 20!!

1st Trimester (Weeks 4-12): Most woman will be very upset to know, I had no morning sickness.  I was completely exhausted from day one until the second trimester.  It took me FOREVER to wake up every morning and I was easily in bed by 8:30 ( I would have gone to bed by 7:30 if Jeff would have let me)
We took a trip to New York towards my last 2 weeks in the 1st Trimester and I was sooooo tired.  I loved our trip, but I could barely keep up!!

2nd Trimester: I was very excited to welcome the 2nd Trimester.  Not only would it get me to feel more confident about my pregnancy, but the energy I had not seen in weeks had started to come back.  I could actually do laundry and wash dishes and clean my house again.  It was heaven. Yes, chores were heaven!!

By week 17, I have started to feel our little girl kick.  Jeff has also been able to start now that I hit 20 weeks, he has felt the little jabs.  It's really special!

At 20 weeks, I am halfway and Mabel is the size of a banana and weighs about 10.6 ounces according to my Baby apps.  Almost a pound! Grow baby girl grow!! I have become increasingly hungry each and everyday.  Even after I eat, I need to eat more.   
19 weeks!

We have started Penny back up in training, "Mommy Preparedness Class" She gets to learn how to walk next to a stroller and basically train her to know the baby is not a squeak toy. I am not worried, these two will be best friends.
We will be starting our Birthing Classes in the next month or so, which I am very excited for and even more so because we changed doctors and our new doctor is 100% behind the Hypnobirthing classes we would like to take.  He knows the instructor and really supports this method.  Huge sigh of relief!

4 comments:

Niki said...

Mabel. I'm already in love. I can't wait to meet her and I'm glad you're back blogging.

Janis said...

We are all excited to welcome her to the family. I can already see Mariah and Mabel as "cuzzies" together! Let the nursery planning begin!! :)

Jenna said...

Don't worry natalie. My girls are going to have the same hair issue with me! Lol

Unknown said...

Yay so happy to see you blogging again! Sweet little Mabel! I already can't wait to meet her. And yes please start the weekly photos and updates now!! Hypnobirthing really is so great, I'm excited for you guys to take those classes!