Monday, February 15, 2010

A Valentine Weekend

After ranting in our last blog post, I figured I should write a more positive post about the past four days! Jeff and I had the most wonderful weekend, one that was much needed after the past month or so. We actually planned to do stuff this weekend before realizing it was Valentines Day. Jeff was supposed to be flying out to San Francisco for a week for work yesterday, but right before he left work Wednesday, it was cancelled so now he is in the San Diego office all week. Because of some PTO issues, Jeff has to take off about 5 days by April 15th so we had planned he take Thursday and Friday off so we could spend time together before his trip. It wasn't until about 2 weeks ago we realized that Sunday was V-day. We decided we needed a mini-vacation and drove up to Big Bear on Thursday. It was BEAUTIFUL. I have never seen so much snow up there before, but with all the storms lately it hasn't had time to melt like usual. It was so nice to get away for the day and spend time together, we haven't been snowboarding together since 2007! We came back home that night and I planned a surprise for Friday. At 5:00 Friday night I told Jeff we had to be somewhere for a special appointment. He had no idea where we were going!
On a side note, my parents gave Jeff and I on our first Valentines Day together, Dance lessons. It was mostly because I am not a good dancer and my mom thought it would be good practice so we know what we are doing when we went to Prom. Unfortunately, we never used that gift certificate! I found the gift certificate 5 years later on our last move and knew with the wedding coming up it was perfect timing!!
So we arrived at our private dance lesson and had a great time. They let us play our first dance song and have started showing us what we can do on our special day. I am still not a very good dancer, but I have a great dancing partner with lots of patience. :) I was so glad we got to use our dance lessons and will be going back over the next couple of weeks!!
Saturday was Jeff's day that he planned and we took Penny over to Coronado. It was perfect weather, 74 degrees and sunny! (Sorry Niki, I know it is still winter where you are!) We had lunch, walked around the beach and just enjoyed relaxing for a few hours. By the time Sunday had come, I had procrastinated so much on homework the past couple of days, we really didn't do much to celebrate, but it didn't matter! Our weekend was better than planned! I will post some pictures soon!

Did I mention, our wedding is in 138 days?! :)









1 comment:

Niki said...

74 degrees sounds heavenly right now. We are 30 right now which actually feels rather warm this time of year. I'm glad you guys had a fun weekend. It's nice to live some place like southern CA where you can up and visit fun places on a whim. Can't wait to see your dance moves come July!