Jeff went out of town for a week and I found myself trying to remember what it was like to spend time by myself. Sounds so weird, but Jeff and I have been together for so long, I rarely have had time to just be alone! To begin things, I had to sleep by myself in our house for the first time. I would triple check every single door and window every night, but I managed to survive and talk myself out of calling the police after every little noise I heard. Don't forget I have Penny who is our tough guard dog...she managed to sleep through each night despite what I thought I would hear.
I ate dinner at my parent's house after work where I would pick up Penny. When I finally got the courage to go back to our house, I turned on every light, even the unnecessary ones in the spare bedrooms just to warn anyone who might think about coming in that I am home! I caught up on a lot of my reality television shows that Jeff doesn't like to watch. (For some reason, any of the real housewives seasons drag me in; the beverly hills woman make me wonder why anyone would really want to look that plastic) I thought about doing the laundry, but without my partner who folds it, I really saw no reason to start it. Even my kitchen, which I only ate breakfast in for the week began having dishes piling up because once again, the person who helps with all that wasn't there.
So after a week with no husband, I came to the conclusion that despite how nice it was to have some alone time, life is really not the same. I really appreciate the life that we have with one another. It's easy to forget those kinds of things when you see each other everyday.
Luckily he is home in time for Valentine's Day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment